7 Things to Know Before Buying Nootropics
>Are you curious to buy Nootropics? If this is your first time, here are 7 things you need to know before you buy Nootropics:
- Origin – The term “nootropic” has been coined by a Romanian psychologist and chemist, Corneliu E. Giurgea, in 1972. It came from the Greek words νους nous or “mind” and τρέπειν trepein meaning to bend or turn.
Nootropics, also known as smart drugs or cognitive enhancers, are drugs, food supplements, or any substance that improve cognitive functions like memory, creativity, and productivity.
- Variety – There is a variety of Nootropics available in the market. Here are the two general types:
- Water Soluble – These nootropics are mixed with water and usually taken before meals for optimal effect. Examples are Piracetam and Oxiracetam.
- Fat Soluble – These nootropics cannot be mixed with water because they would not be dissolved. They are usually taken after meals because they are absorbed easily with fat. Examples are Pramiracetam and Aniracetam.
You can make your own stack of nootropics by combining two or more ingredients. For starters, you can mix a racetam stack with a choline supplement. If the stack you made has no adverse effects on you, you can add more ingredients one at a time. Just be careful not to get an overdose.
- Effectiveness – Nootropics work by targeting different neurotransmitters and receptors in the brain. The brain systems that nootropics usually target are the cholinergic system, glutamatergic system, dopaminergic system, and serotonergic systems.
The effectiveness of nootropics varies from person to person. Always remember that one type of nootropic can be effective for your friend but not for you. The physical and mental health of the user will have an effect on the effectiveness of the drug or supplement. Generally, are deemed more effective in healthy individuals. It takes time to discover which nootropic or combinations of nootropic will work for you. Patience is needed while waiting to see the effects of the drugs.
- Usage – Nootropics come in forms of tablets or pills. Their usage varies from one brand to another. Just strictly follow the instructions on the label.
You must be careful not to get an overdose. You should also look for medical contraindications on the product’s label.
- Safety – Since nootropics are usually classified under food supplements, manufacturers can easily get safety certifications from government agencies by following specific manufacturing procedure.
Generally, nootropics are considered safe by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). However, you should still be careful in taking them. Try to observe if they will have adverse effects on your body.
- Availability – The most convenient way to buy Nootropics is online. You can buy them from e-commerce websites like Amazon or directly from the manufacturer’s or distributor’s website.
If you are hesitant to buy online, you can also find nootropics on health promoting stores and food supplement distributors like GNC.
- Price – The price of nootropics varies among different manufacturers and distributors. It is advisable to compare the prices from different stores before you buy nootropics.